Thesis award 2016-2017 Stichting RechtsgeleerdheidGroningen
Founded in 1988, the Stichting Rechtsgeleerheid Groningen (SRG) is closely affiliated with the Faculty of Law. The aim of this foundation is to promote scientific activities by, and of the Faculty of Law at the University of Groningen.
Bearing this aim in mind, the SRG offers an award for a master thesis, written and assessed during the academic year 2016-2017.
The jury will assess the theses on the basis of the following criteria:
- The thesis has an original or innovative research question regarding a (meta-)legal topic.
- It has a clear explanation of the choice of sources that were consulted and the comparisons that were made.
- It has a consistent and thorough argumentation.
- It has respect for the reader, as evidenced by a pleasant layout and careful use of the English or Dutch language.
- These criteria correspond with, and are clarified by the Thesis Regulations of the Faculty of Law.
The winner will receive a sum of 300 euros, to spend freely. And everlasting fame of course.
Judging will take place in two rounds. The jury for the initial assessment will consist of up to ten members from various departments of the faculty. Following the initial assessment, the final selection will be made by a jury of three persons.
- The thesis has been assessed by a supervisor between 1 September 2016 and
August 31, 2017.
- A thesis can be submitted during the whole of the academic year by sending in a hard copy and a digital version of the thesis, together with a Progress-print of your grade. Please e-mail the digital version to firstname.lastname@example.org and send the hard copy to:
Faculty of Law, department of tax law
Attn. mr. N.J. Schutte
PO Box 716
9700 AS Groningen
- September 16, 2017: closing date of submission
- October 28, 2017 latest: Participants will be contacted by e-mail regarding the announcement of the results.
- The award ceremony will take place on November 15, 2017.
- Only theses that are graded at least an 8 can compete.
- The hard copy of the thesis does not contain the name and/or student number of the author.
- The digital submission should include the participants’ student number, name, address and telephone number and the name of the supervisor. Please use a private e-mail address for submission, as the student-e-mail account will be terminated after completion of the study.
- The participants give members of the jury permission to contact their supervisors regarding the development of their thesis.
- The jury has the right to grant an honorable mention to a thesis that is not eligible for the thesis award.
- The jury is entitled to decide not to designate a winner if the competing theses are of insufficient quality.
- All results are final.
- In all cases where these rules do not provide, the chairman of the jury decides.